Saturday, July 6, 2013

Nivea Caramel Cream Kiss Lip Butter Review & Photos

Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me. All opinions are my own.

After hearing so many reviews on the new Nivea Lip Butters, I finally found them at my local Target! Here's a quick little review on my favorite of the bunch!

Nivea Caramel Cream Kiss Lip Butter

At first glance, I knew this was going to my favorite. I'm a sucker for anything caramel, so why would it be any different for a lip butter? First off, how cute is the packaging? Those little caramels are definitely a nice little feature! Although, I don't like tins or pots for lip products because of sanitation issues, this is definitely small and convenient to use! It also closes tightly, so you don't have to worry about it accidentally opening if you're carrying it in your purse.

Now, I want to mention that these lip butters cost me $3.99 each at my Target. I would think you could probably get them cheaper, or even on sale (BOGO 1/2 off) at Walgreens, CVS, Ulta, etc. For 0.59 oz, this is definitely a steal. The only other lip butters I've ever used are the Korres Lip Butters which cost $12.00 for 0.21 oz.

Nivea Caramel Cream Kiss Lip Butter

Taking a good look at the ingredients I'm glad petrolatum is listed as the first ingredient. This will not only protect the skin and act as a barrier, it will also help soothe chapped lips. It helps against the loss of moisture in the skin, which is great for dry areas (and in this case, the lips). The second ingredient, Polyglyceryl-3, is just a standard emollient for many lip products. The next three ingredients are fairly natural and are all used to condition the skin. The sweet almond oil is used as a lubricant and adds more shine to the balm. The last few ingredients I wasn't too worried about except BHT, which I'd never really heard of it. After further research, it is an ingredient that acts as an antioxidant by preventing the deterioration of products. Therefore, it is commonly used in makeup and skincare products. The ingredient is added at such a low level, that there is no known health risks by using the product, although at high levels, it does have carcinogenic properties.

One last thing I want to mention about the ingredients is that it does contain titanium dioxide, which is commonly used as a sunscreen agent. I couldn't find anything on the packaging that indicated it contained SPF, nor could I find anything on the website. Therefore, I wouldn't look at this ingredient as being SPF.

Nivea Caramel Cream Kiss Lip Butter

Enough with all the ingredients jabber, now lets get to the actual product! First glance at the open product, you can tell it's going to be very creamy. It actually has a little "belly button." The texture of the product is very thick and creamy. Nothing like that of normal lip balms, or even the consistency of the Korres Lip Butters. Although, I love the Korres Lip butters and they are very refreshing, they are definitely more of a gel consistency, rather than this creamy consistency.

There is very little color, but it does nude out the lips slightly - just because of it's pale color and creaminess.

As for the scent.. WOW! Love it! Definitely smells like dead-on caramel! It's not too overpowering, so if you're sensitive to scents, I wouldn't think you'd have much of a problem.. but then again, I love this scent so it's hard to say!

Overall, I'd have to say I really love this lip butter! For $3.99, it's definitely a steal! Not only do I love the texture and smell, but I also like the ingredients I'm putting on my lips!


Have you tried the Nivea Lip Butters? In specific, Caramel Kiss? How you like them?

4 comments:

Kristen / Glambunctious said...

This is my personal favorite of the bunch, too! it does add a slight lighter cast to lips that's really flattering and pretty, and the SCENT?! YUMMMMM! :) These are awesome!

Kiss & Make-up said...

I am not a caramel fan, so I don't think I'd like this one :-)

Macy said...

Aww! Probably not! Might be able to find a different scent to try though! :)

Macy said...

Yay! So glad you like it! Definitely yumm!! :D